Skip to main content

52 Weeks of Floor Plans--Week 52!


Well, my 52 weeks has come to an end!
I still love the idea of using recycled materials for building a modern cottage.  Possibly if I combined shipping container skeletons and covered in rustic wood. Maybe I could find recycled skyscraper windows for large picturesque views.  

A long galley style kitchen would be ideal for the slender space. Here are a few of my favorites:
Galley kitchen, floor tile.  Looking at how to use dark cabinets

galley kitchen -  narrow width, door at end and store cupboard

In her Stockholm galley, photographer and interior designer Benedikte Ugland contrasts black countertops and cabinets—Ikea designs that she refaced and stained—with beveled subway tile.

I also love the idea of a rooftop deck/ patio.  I would love a space to retreat to in the Spring, Summer, and Fall!  Not to mention to plant an adorable garden for flowers and vegetables.
Pretty shelter http://www.styleroom.se/inspiration/altan
To die for roof top garden
Stylizimo blog | Terrace decoration.

Hope you enjoyed the last 52 weeks!  
I will continue to write as time progresses, but with a little more variety about Adventures, and of course Cooking & Cottages!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lions & Tigers & Bears...

T & D's Cats of the World! Over the last few years (since finishing grad school and actually acquiring free time), I've been expanding my knowledge of the area and venturing to new places.  Today I got the opportunity to visit T&D's Cats of the World, an animal refuge for exotic felines and wildlife - only $10 a person.  I've always wanted to see a black bear in the wilderness, so for now, this will have to do.   It was a warm day, so one of the many bears decided to chill in the pool. Baby Patagonian! Selfie with the deer!  Bengal Tiger! 2 Bears chilling... I feel like they were like us, just waiting to see another species walk by the fence for a look.   "Hey Bob, look, here come some more humans!" Bear Selfie! Lion! It's sad to see the animals engaged, but at least they are in a better habitat than their previous homes. Totally worth the drive and a nice way to spend the afternoon! 

Restaurant Review - Eataly NYC!!!!

Eataly NYC A few weeks ago, I had the pleasure of spending the day with my dearest and oldest friend in NYC. As any amazing friend would, she understands my love and passion for good food. Growing up in Northern New Jersey, we've been thoroughly exposed to American Italian food, and with each of us spending time in Italy (sadly not together,) we know the real deal too.  Chen recommended this amazing market and restaurant, Eataly ! After a little stroll through Madison Square Park, we crossed over 5th Avenue to this amazing place. Source They even provide a floor-plan!  (which clearly makes me love the place even more!) Source We entered from 5th Ave - passing the coffee bar, the gelato, the nutella bar, and all the other scrumptious treats that make me think that I've died and gone to heaven.  I got a brief tour of the layout from my favorite New Yorker, taking pictures along the way. (yes, that says "Live Sea Urchin"

52 Weeks of Floor Plans...Week 15!

Week 15!  15 is one of my favorite #s, so its only fitting that I love this design, and I'm conveniently posting this on October 15th!  The stone around the stove really catches my eye, especially with the wood beam above.  To limit the look of modern amenities, I would use under the counter refrigerators . I would also stick with rustic wood pieces on the island facade.   Source Loving the color of the wood. Source Would love a cowhide rug in the entry way.  Maybe a coat hook on the wall. Source Light colors in the bedroom and simple furniture and accessories. Source Neutral colors in the living space.... Source Or... Subtle pops of color like a pale blue or tamed orange.  Source Love this earthy table. Source Simple white tile in the bathroom with an open shower. Source And outside, would love a garden like this: Source Source